What are Dead pages?
Those are the pages which can’t generate any traffic for the website.
- According to Google Webmaster, those pages have fewer clicks and impressions.
- According to Google Analytics, those pages have fewer views and active sessions.
How to Get the Dead pages from Analytics:
Go to Google analytics 🡪 Behavior 🡪 Site Content 🡪 All pages
Set the data time range 6 months for better results:
Add filter on page views and set the data from lowest to highest:
Select the full data according to the result count:
Export the full data from analytics:
Remove unwanted pages from this list:
List down the pages with 1 to 10 pageviews:
How to Get the Dead pages from Google Search Console:
Go to Google search console 🡪Seach Results
Select the data range: last 6 months
Export all the data and set the clicks range: 0 to 10
And the impressions range: 0 to 1000
How to optimize those Dead pages:
- Use those pages as hyperlinks from high-traffic pages.
- Need to add more click elements and relevant content on those pages.
- Need to work on advanced off-page for those pages.