Blogging is an important technique for bringing the correct people to your website, as any experienced inbound marketer knows. If you’ve been blogging for any length of time, you may have considered guest blogging as well.
And if you’ve been on the fence about it, we’re here to tell you that you should go for it.
What Is Guest Blogging, And How Does It Work?
The process of writing material for another company’s website is known as guest blogging or “guest posting”. Generally, guest bloggers write for comparable blogs in their field to:
- Drive traffic back to their website
- Boost their domain authority by linking to high-authority sites
- Increase their brand credibility and exposure, and
- Network with peers in their business.
Guest blogging almost always helps the guest blogger and the website that hosts the guest material. To put it another way, guest blogging is a two-way street; therefore, if you decide to join the bandwagon, you should also consider highlighting guest bloggers’ works on your website.
What Is The Importance Of Guest Blogging For Your Business?
For every business, guest blogging has a lot of advantages. You may position yourself as an authoritative figure in your business, create relationships with other thought leaders in your sector. And expose your brand to an altogether new audience by sharing your expertise on other firms’ websites.
Additionally, incorporating guest pieces on your site will provide your readers with unique viewpoints and fresh information. We’re all guilty of getting stuck in a rut and becoming bored with the same old things. Including guest, pieces are a terrific way to keep readers interested. Not to mention the promotional boost that comes from your guest writers sharing their blogs with their networks.
Some blogs, such as OpenView, get most of their material from other industry leaders. Guest bloggers may help you give new material to your followers without requiring much more time and effort from your staff. Even if you don’t have the means to keep up with a regular blogging schedule.
What Is The Best Way To Begin Guest Blogging?
Before you begin guest blogging, know exactly what you want to get out of the experience. Look for industry blogs written by non-competitor businesses where you can provide actual value to readers.
Starting with guest writing for your partners is a terrific way to get started. As part of our co-marketing approach at New Breed, we produce guest blogs primarily for our partners. We also utilize guest blogging to build relationships with organizations we wish to collaborate with in the future.
Regardless, research is critical to guest blogging success.
It’s no secret that there’s a lot of spam floating around on the internet. It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not post to these sorts of blogs — or that you do not publish any spammy content on your site.
Concentrate on selecting authors that fit your speciality, market, and come from a reputable company or background. You should also agree with what they’re expressing in their article and make sure the message is relevant to the interests of your personas. Guest blogging may have a quick and bad influence on your organization if the material doesn’t connect with your business, personas, or brand language.
Before volunteering to guest blog or vice versa, keep the following in mind:
- Does this site or blogger have many active followers who leave comments, share blogs with their networks, and generally interact with the content?
- Do they have a Facebook or Twitter page to publish their blog posts routinely?
- Do they have a strong domain authority, which might boost my SEO ranking?
- Is their field of expertise and industry relevant to mine?
Search for a relevant industry term + “guest post,” “write for us,” or anything similar while looking for blogs to publish on. If you wanted to write about inbound marketing, for example, you might Google:
- Inbound marketing guest post
- Inbound marketing guest post rules
- Inbound marketing guest post submissions
- Inbound marketing seeking guest articles
- Inbound marketing write for us and so forth.
This can help you identify relevant industry sites that are now taking guest blogger posts and are interested in the topic you’re writing about.
What Effect Does Guest Blogging Have On SEO?
The quick response is: Guest blogging may be a terrific technique for increasing your domain authority and moving up in SEO results as long as you’re diligent and courteous while generating high-value guest articles for genuine websites.
However, it’s reasonable that some people are concerned about whether or not guest writing may harm their business. Many marketers have opted to avoid it totally because of the possibility of “spam bloggers” attempting to pay blog owners into allowing them to write low-quality material for their link-building and SEO advantage.
Finally, building an SEO-boosting guest blogging plan boils down to offering real, helpful, and relevant information to educate readers rather than low-quality content that serves only as a vehicle for connections to your website.
Guest blogging is an excellent strategy to boost your site’s rankings if your material is of good quality. If other people link to your blog from their websites, Google believes the information on your blog must be useful and entertaining. When people leave comments, share, like, or link to your site, it improves its PageRank, which means it’s more likely to come up first when someone searches for a comparable topic on Google.
However, because Google PageRank is only an algorithm, it cannot distinguish between dynamic content and spam. So, while stuffing your guest blog articles with links and keywords can help you climb the rankings, it’s unlikely that you’ll get any fresh, relevant traffic, and it won’t help you establish yourself as an expert in your subject.
What Is the Definition of High-Quality Guest Blogging?
The secret to creating a high-quality guest blog is to conceive it as a service to your readers rather than a sales pitch.
Like any other sort of inbound content, guest blogs should aim to educate rather than advertise your product or service. If the subject is related to your product or service, there’s no reason not to include it on your blog. But there’s a vast difference between marketing yourself and providing your audience with useful, practical information.
Instead, create guest blogs to position yourself as an authorized person in your profession, gain exposure to a new audience, and develop meaningful relationships with other bloggers or companies.
Here are a few more simple pointers to improve your guest blogging strategy:
- Create an author bio that is precise and straightforward. Although some firms permit you to post links to your website in the text of your blog, many do not or modify the connections over time. As a result, your bio will most likely be the only spot in your guest post where you may incorporate a permanent link to your website.
- Include at least one relevant internal link in your guest post to one of the company’s past blog pieces. They’ll appreciate your research, and this tiny gesture will help them boost their authority and traffic.
- Ask readers to make comments at the end of each post with a call to action. Remember that the more people comment on and share your site, the more popular it will become in an SEO search.
- Use your own social media networks to promote your guest blog article. This is a thoughtful gesture to increase traffic to your guest blogger’s website and business. Sharing your work should be second nature to you by now, and it’s a nice way to say “thank you” for allowing your guest post to be published. The company behind Solitaire, a vintage gaming website, takes its guest post-marketing to a new level. They aggressively advertise and push links to high-quality Solitaire or game-related material when they post it on other sites. It’s beneficial to their publishing partner and strengthens their backlinks.
- Track the number of visitors your guest post generates with Google Analytics. This will offer you a better sense of what your readers want to know and what is working for your company.
These pointers can assist you in avoiding authoring or accepting spammy material, allowing you to realize the full benefits of guest blogging. Follow our advised measures to improve your SEO results, build your brand’s trust, and attract new audiences in your sector. Only associate your company blog and articles with well-known marketers.
And, as usual, keep creating exceptional and consistent material!