GET A FREE CUSTOMIZED SEO AUDIT & DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY FOR YOUR BUSINESS IN EUROPEAN UNION
If you want to grow your business in European Union, you need to do more than just translate your website, but that is the first step in any successful multilingual SEO campaign.
Here we review the best practice of how to set up your site in the beginning, identify whether it is a good idea to translate your website, how the culture of a particular country affects your SEO strategy, and which SEO services in European Union are best for you.
Should you translate your website?
Do you want to control the European Union market and increase your sales? Do you plan to translate your website into different languages to reach as wide a audience as possible?
Before you begin, the first question should be:
Is multilingualism a good idea?
Even if you already have a successful business model in an English-speaking country, it does not follow that your business model will work well in all European Union countries. A simple example of this when you sell coats in the UK, with an average annual temperature of 8.5 degrees Celsius, may not even sell in Spain or Italy, which is about 5 degrees warmer.
How can you balance the demand for your worldwide ministry?
To estimate the need for a particular product or service in any country, it is best to start with keyword research using a tool like SEMRush, which gives you country-based search volumes, or if it is expensive for you, then here is a review of 15 different keyword research tools.
There are various agencies or consulting firms to look out for, all of which are equipped to provide you with the best information on how to best manage your site traffic, such as this French SEO team. Getting a second opinion on issues such as website statistics and digital marketing will be useful to your company over time.
Alternatively, you can use Google Trends to provide you with an interest index on a specific keyword later. This has the advantage of also seeing that the keyword increases or decreases in the search volume, you can see a world map based on a particular topic, saving you the need to translate a list of keywords that are appropriate to measure interest.
Use SEO translation
It is important to use a professional translator who translates into their native language. Never use Google Translate, or any other automation tool to create a multilingual website. If you doubt this advice, just copy the text, translate it, then copy it and translate it back into English. You will soon see that it will not create a professional appearance, and it will soon become apparent that it is not a local speaker who has written.
To get a full SEO translation, first compile a dictionary of the most important keywords in English, and then make sure the translated words have the highest search rate per month and if possible the lowest biological competition. In this way, you will use words in translation that are highly searchable in the native language, rather than indirectly using valid words, but they do not have local keywords that are highly searched.
This is especially important for websites that provide technical assistance, as European Unions sometimes use English words when searching, even if there is a local translation.
Complete the technical website elements
If you have a multilingual site, there are a few bits that are also important to check. These include:
- Make sure your translated Meta Titles are less than 5757 characters and Meta descriptions are less than 15157 characters and remember to translate these and URLs.
- Review homepage, category pages, foot blocks, exit page, invoices and default messages to make sure everything is translated
- If you have a blog, check which pages on your English website have the most traffic and only translate these pages. Use any budget you save to translate other blog items into writing new content or link structure instead.
- Check that your Hreflang tags are neatly organized in each language.
These little things can make a big difference in how effective your multilingual environment will be.
Use an SEO agency to build a link in European Union
If you have a talented house-to-house interpreter, then as long as:
- Your first site has good SEO
- Creates a personalized dictionary of keywords for your translator to use
- Set content content using the guidelines above
The SEO on the page of your new site will be great, although using a traditional speaking service and SEO expert is likely to be able to increase your ranking on Google.
That said, SEO on the page can find you so far and build quality links from high profile websites is another part of the image. It is important that backlinks are also relevant and in the same language, so links to your German website should be mostly or exclusively from German websites, for example.
Along with many tools that help with link building, there are a variety of ways to build high-quality backlinks and other legitimate strategies include:
- Search keywords in the local version of Google and try to find links from the highest pages, regardless of the type of link.
- Guest posts on relevant, high-quality site domains. This can be time consuming and if you choose to use an SEO agency for any part of your project, building a link is an obvious service to look out for, as a good agency already has a network of contacts. With the agency you can choose to submit posts to high-end domain sites only.