Google recently made an update to the Google Search Console performance reports. The improvements include support for regular expressions within the filters of the performance reports. By applying this specific query, we can customize the existing content of the website as well as the metadata in order to improve organic search traffic for the campaign through search intent optimization. We can also find out the queries which receive maximum impressions in terms of relevancy.
How to generate the data:
In order to find outthe data we need to follow along the steps mentioned below:
- First up, go to the performance tab, and from there click on +New > Query
- Then in the query dialogue box under FILTER tab select Custom (regex)
Regular expression filter
If you choose the Custom (regex) filter, you can filter by a regular expression (a wildcard match) for the selected item. You can use regular expression filters for page URLs and user queries. The RE2 syntax is used.
The default matching is “partial match”, which means that your regular expression can match anywhere in the target string unless you use ^ or $ to require matching from the start or end of the string, respectively.
Default matching is case-sensitive. You can specify “(?i)” at the beginning of your regular expression string for case-insensitive matches. Example: (?i)https
- Then run webtool.co to find out the bag of words comparison of your website with your competitors as shown below:
- You can add up to 6 competitors.
- Then you can put those strings here below as shown below:
Now put the query strings according to your niche to find out which search queries are receiving maximum impressions. You can also use a regex filter to capture all of your branded queries by defining the regex filter.
Once you have the queries in place, now export the list from GSC as shown above.
- Now sort the data in respect of the field impressions from highest to lowest as shown above.
- From the list, pick the top 10 highest impressions received queries.
Content Update Suggestion:
Now we can use those top query-based keywords on the existing content to improve the relevancy for those given search queries by search intent optimization and to get more organic traffic as well. Here from the list, we can target SEO services, SEO services UK, SEO services USA, SEO services Canada, SEO services Auckland, etc in the website content.