We must have heard that phrase that “A clean home is a happy home” – when we think about the cleanliness of our sweet home, the first thing that comes up in our mind is that we are sweeping our floors and corners and ceiling of the room, thus to perform that task we need to think of a tool which can help us to fulfill our needs and I am quite sure that one of the best tools to perform this works is “A Vacuum Cleaner”. Which not only keeps your home clean but also help to organize your home effortlessly.
In this article, I am going to focus on two parts first part I will make you understand about the needs and overview as well as best buy for the vacuum cleaner and the next part I will tell you about the specifications and pros and cons and what are the things you need to keep in your mind when you are going to buy a vacuum cleaner in India and the frequently asked question about the product to make your buy the best.
Top things in minds of customers before purchasing a vacuum cleaner-
- Which brands are known for vacuum cleaners?
- Will it be optimal to purchase a vacuum cleaner?
- How to go about getting more information regarding vacuum cleaners?
- What should I check before purchasing vacuum cleaners?
Reviews: 10 value for a money vacuum cleaner in India
1. Eureka Forbes Quick DX 1200-watt Vacuum Cleaner:
Eureka Forbes quick clean DX 1200 watt vacuum cleaner comes with 3 complimentary dust bags and it is an automated handheld one type. That is a very handy and lightweight portable vacuum cleaner which enables you to carry it wherever you go to clean. It’s powerful suction makes it stand out in the crowd and it is very efficient when it comes to working.
- Built&Design: talking about the watt, it is having 1200 watt motor which helps you to keep your room and corners dust free and this quick cleaner consisting of 1L of storage is compact and convenient to work with. At the bottom of the quick cleaner, it has three swivel wheels that makes it easy for you to roam around and clean the room. Accessories that come with it are as follows 1 hose pipe, 1 crevice nozzle, and 3 dust bag, and 2 extension cord. Last but not the least it providing you the automated winder which keeps your cord safe from damage.
- Performance: This quick cleaner has recently achieved the “Best Seller” tag in amazon because of lots of positive reviews and its efficiency to clean the best way possible. Above all, it is having an indicator that tells you if the vacuum is not properly set.
- This quick cleaner can clean dirt from you your sofa, pillow, and from beds very efficiently within minimum possible time.
- Cleaner heats up but not to the extent that it can harm your cleaner body or outer surface.
- The quick cleaner helps you to clean your room for a long time.
- As per the review, this product is best in quality.
- Nothing specific for now.
2.American Micronic 1600 watt, wet and dry imported vacuum cleaner:
Why this Micronic 1600 watt comes in the top 10 vacuum cleaner list is because of its product build quality. The customer reviews are the best part of this vacuum cleaner along with it’s after sales service.
- Built & Design: Without any doubt, its design will fulfill all your desires, as per the customer review all around the globe. Its model number is AMI-VCD15-1600WDx. And having a capacity of 15lit , a plastic body, it is quite lightweight about 8 kg. This comes in two color variants which are Red&black and with a 1-year warranty.
- Performance: As it comes with both wet and dry cleaning flexibilities and a 5fit flexible hose pipe, Extension pipe of 2 and much more, it enables you to clean your room effortlessly. Its “HEPA filter” is an added cherry on the top as its clean lots more. It is packed with blower functions as well which sucks dirt & debris off the floor.
- It has a very powerful motor.
- Packed with a reusable dust bag.
- A HEPA filter is built-in.
- Consisting of a blower function.
- Nothing specific for now.
3.Karcher WD 3 Multi-purpose Vacuum Cleaner:
Karcher is known for its perfect cleanliness and hygiene maintenance for your home and you can use this cleaner for two types of cleaning one is you can clean home and 2nd you can use it to clean your car as well. It comes with 1000 watt powerful motor with blower functionality and robust dust functionality as well.
- Built & Design: the model numberis WD 3. It having a capacity of 17lit and comes with a plastic material body which makes a lightweight of 5.8 kg and has an operating voltage of 220-230 volts. Talking about the color variation you will find it in two colors in the market yellow and black. And it comes with a 1-year warranty. Accessories include – 1 hose pipe, two extension rods, floor tool for cleaning well, and crevice nozzle. The best part of buying this cleaner is its uses a “cartridge filter” which separates small dusting particles.
- Performance: talking about the performance of this cleaner, it comes under the top 3 vacuum cleaner in the top 10 list hence you can guess the performance it delivers . With this dry and wet cleaner you will be able to sweep and mop at the one go. It also helps to clean fine specks of dirt and can also be used for cleaning the garden area.
- Its offers you wet & dry functionality
- Inbuilt pull and push-lock system.
- Inbuilt sturdy bumper.
- The cable rod provided with it is small comparatively.
4.Philips power pro compact bagless vacuum cleaner:
this is one of the most trusted brands and it has bagged the prestigious “2018 Gold IF award” .It has advanced technology and best known in the field of kitchen and home appliances.
- Built & Design: The model number of this cleaner is FC9352/01 having suction power of 33kpa and the material used is plastic to keep it lightweight(4.5kg). You need to have a voltage of 370 volts to operate this cleaner. Only one color is available in the Market that is blue with 2 years of manufacturing warranty. Talking about standing out features of this cleaner first, it is having 5 power cyclone technology which helps to separate small dust particles and next is H13 filter which is capable of cleaning 99.9 percent of the dust.
- Performance: According to customer reviews the performance of this cleaner is best and it is very easy to handle with the detachable arrangements. Its provided with and two unique filtrations and 5 cyclone technology. It makes you feel better to deal with cleaning as it effortlessly assists you in minimum possible time.
- It has achieved the gold 2018 IF award.
- Having a very unique and compact design
- Having high suction power and low noise.
- Very few brushes are available.
5.Eureka Forbes trendy Zip vacuum cleaner 1000 watts
Eureka Forbes Trendy Zip is a minimized vacuum cleaner for dry residue and incorporates a pack for gathering dust which accompanies a sack full marker. This is an extremely minimized vacuum cleaner. There are features available with the vacuum cleaner which are required for various types of cleaning.
- Built & design: Being very compact and small in size it can be kept at the corner of the house easily and can be dragged anywhere you go .It is having a powerful suction quality that enables you to keep your home healthy and clean.
- Performance: Talking about its efficiency you can use this compact vacuum cleaner as a car cleaner as well. It is having 1000 watts of powerful motor which helps to work efficiently that’s why it is known as the best vacuum cleaner.
- Powerful technology
- Having a long cord and hose pipe.
- User friendly
- Budget friendly.
- Reusable dust bag is included.
- It heats up quickly.
- The motor is a bit noisy.
- You can only use for dry cleaning not for wet cleaning.
6.Eureka Forbes trendy steel:
Eureka Forbes trendy Steel is one of the most effective models of Eureka Forbes. The Eureka Forbes Trendy Steel is a vacuum cleaner is proficient with high-tech features.
- Built & Design: Eureka Forbes Trendy Steel is quite portable. The switches are in such a spot, that they can be controlled with legs as well.
- Performance: Eureka Forbes Trendy Steel is a high performing vacuum cleaner .The blower is quite effective. The product has an amazing engine quality.
- It has a few adjustments for cleaning couches, floor, covers, and corners
- The pipe length is adequately long.
- Having Plastic body.
- Both dry and wet cleaning is possible
- Nothing as of now.
7. Black and decker V780 Vacuum Cleaner:
Black & Decker VH780 is another peppy vacuum cleaner that will help you with dusting and cleaning purposes after a busy day when you return from work. This vacuum cleaner comes with plenty of settings to add in a good cleaning. Due to the accessories cleaning is simple.
- Built & Design: Black & Decker VH780 has the biggest advantage of being compact and easy to port. It is lightweight and can be transported with convenient accessories throughout the house. The power cord is long and can be carried without thinking about the distance.
- Performance: The Black & Decker VH780 is made up of great suction and has a powerful motor , making it easy to clean the dust from every corner. There is a 3 stage cleaning procedure that ensures perfect cleaning.
- Quick and Efficient.
- Worth Shopping
Nothing specific for now
8.Eureka Forbes Easy clean plus 800-watt vacuum cleaner:
Eureka Forbes Easy Clean Plus 800-Watt Vacuum Cleaner is one of the best-selling online items providing powerful cleaning and useful accessories to make the job easy for customers. The Portable Vacuum Cleaner comes with warranty.
- Built & Design: Eureka Forbes Easy Clean Plus 800-Watt Vacuum Cleaner has excellent features, and size. It is lightweight and the design make it portable. The vacuum cleaner features both suction and a blower. One might comfortably hold it in hand and can do the house wide chores. For all cleaning purposes Eureka Forbes Quick Clean Plus 800-Watt Vacuum Cleaner is highly recommended.
- Performance: Eureka Forbes Easy Clean Plus 800-Watt Vacuum Cleaner is a high-performance vacuum cleaner as it incorporates a solution for all the requirements of a vacuum cleaner. The vacuum cleaner is also budget-friendly and is cost-effective. The vacuum cleaner can be used to clean car’s interiors as well.
- Can be reused with the dust collector.
- It comes with all the important attachments.
- It includes a shoulder attachment
- The power cord is long enough
- This cleaner is a little bit noisy.
9.Panasonic MC-CG303 Vacuum Cleaner:
Panasonic MC-CG303 is a well-designed vacuum cleaner and is also really simple to operate. It’s lightweight and is conveniently transportable from one part of the building to another. The Panasonic MC-CG303 has wheels that can be driven around the house with the aid of.
- Built& design: Panasonic MC-CG303 is well designed and elegant. It provides a really good feeling when used. The motor is very strong because it can suck up all the dust that is thrown at it. The Panasonic MC-CG303 is recommended for cleaning demands of all sorts.
- Performance: Panasonic MC-CG303 is one of the finest vacuum cleaners used for cleaning purposes and the best thing is the consistency that has been delivered. The Panasonic MC-CG303 is one of Panasonic’s most trusted products and is very effective when it comes to cleaning since it is designed in such a way that it can even suck dust from the air.
- Washable bag of dirt
- Less loud than other vacuum cleaners.
- Configurable Strength.
- Active Wheel.
- Essential accessories.
- Quite often produces heat.
10.Bissell Aero vac 2-in-one backless Stick Vacuum cleaner:
Bissell Aero Vac 2-In-1 Bagless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is without a bag 2 in one vacuum cleaner that does not need to rotate over and over again. This vacuum cleaner is listed as 2 in 1, while it can be used to clean hard floors as well as mattress or couch regions, furniture, etc.
- Built & Design: The Bissell Aero Vac 2-In-1 Bagless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is lightweight and simple to use in homes, particularly for stairs, from one position to another. The Bissell Aero Vac 2-In-1 Bagless Stick Vacuum Cleaner comes with multi-surface cleaning feature and warranty.
- Performance: The Bissell Aero Vac 2-In-1 Bagless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is an effective vacuum cleaner for both hard floor cleaning and carpet cleaning. When you are searching for a cleaner to help effectively clean both the tile and the carpets then this is the best choice for you.
- It is lightweight and portable
- Transparent powder collector reminds us to clean
- Sometimes noisy.
BUYER’S GUIDE –
There are few basics which you must know before you head out to purchase a vacuum cleaner-
What is a vacuum cleaner?
It is a home appliance that helps us clean the house. Based on their uses the vacuum cleaners are of various styles and have a long historical background. They were first invented in 1599 and later recognized as carpet cleaners in 1860, although the technology was not applied until then following many forms of work from the 20th century. Finally, we have century-old vacuum cleaners with built-in engines to assist with domestic needs.
1. What is the need for a vacuum cleaner: how it works
There are certain things in our home which we clean once in a week, as these are very time consuming when it comes to clean like the sofa, carpets, tables, and those corners which seems very difficult to deal with while normal sweeping or using dusting cloth, here comes the advantage of having a Vacuum Cleaner. With a vacuum cleaner you can easily reach to the corners which are difficult to deal with and you can substitute your weekly cleaning routine to daily as vacuum cleaner will take lesser time .It saves your energy to a great extent.
2.Type of Vacuum Cleaner:
We can find different types of vacuum cleaner in the market, hence we need to have a little bit of knowledge regarding those types. Let’s have a glance
- Canister vacuum cleaner: this the most common type you will find in the market and they are very much handy and user-friendly. The best part of it, it is having wheels on the bottom so you can easily drag it wherever you want. It thus helps you to clean broad surface and it allows you to reassemble the small cleaning head that enables you to clean different segments of your home accompanied by it long cleaning rod.
- Handheld vacuum cleaner: the beauty of thesetypes lies in its name which is “handheld” indicates that it’s very handy and easy to use. It is mainly used for cleaning the smaller corners or the segments where the larger vacuum cleaners cannot reach.
- Upright vacuum cleaner: having a stand like structure make it easy for you to store and its wider coverage area helps you clean larger portions like floors or stairs. The best use it has is for carpets.
- Stick vacuum cleaner: this vacuum cleaner has a stick-like structure that helps to clean the wider areas and is quite easy to store. With the help of it, you can clean the stairs easily because it comes with detachable heads. The extended sticks are there for your convenience so that you can drag it anywhere you want.
- Robotic vacuum cleaner: this is a kind of automated vacuum cleaner and most advanced types. It cleans your home by is itself without the help of yours. You just need to set the instructions first and then sit back and relax, it will clean your home. As it is automated it is quite expensive than other types of cleaner.
Best brands for vacuum cleaners
Researching about the brands is also good before buying any home appliance. This lets you figure out the price of the goods, the warranties, and after-sales facilities. Below you’ll find some of India’s most famous vacuum cleaner brands.
- Eureka Forbes:
It is a consumer goods firm specialized in the manufacturing of vacuum cleaners and is based in Mumbai, India. Established in 1982, it is a part of the Shapoorji Pallonji. In addition to vacuum cleaners, it produces solutions for water purification,
air purification, and home security. It is a very reliable brand in the field of vacuum cleaners.
- Black & Decker:
Black & Decker is an American-based company and manufactures power tools, accessories, home appliances, and hardware units. The firm is headquartered in Towson, Maryland. It was developed by S.Duncan Black and Alonzo. G. in 1910. Decker. Still Black and Decker combined with Stanley on March 12th, 2010. This brand’s vacuum cleaners are robust, strong, trendy, and durable.
Karcher is a company headquartered in Germany that is recognized all over the world for its high-pressure floor cleaners and various cleaning tools. This is also used to clean cars. Headquarters are in Winnenden Germany with Hartmut Jenner as chief executive, president of Karcher’s management team. Karcher is another term for Vacuum Cleaners in most parts of the world.
This is the biggest producer of vehicle components, as in 2011. Volkmar Denner is the company’s Managing Director. The core products are automotive parts such as brakes, fuel systems, etc. The performance and reliability of the vacuum cleaners are authenticated if you purchase Bosch.
This is a division of Dutch Innovation and is based in Amsterdam. It was established by Gerard Philips on 15 May 1891 with Frederik Philips. This company has concentrated on telecommunications, illumination, and healthcare markets. It was the world’s largest producer -in revenues for the year 2013.
Panasonic is a global Japanese corporation with headquarters in Kadoma, Osaka, Japan which was founded on March 13, 1918. It has Electronics, Home Appliances, and Semi-Conductor manufacturing units. They manufacture various products starting from rice cookers to hair straighteners and further just kept growing till they emerged as a global brand.
These are the items to remember while Buying
To locate the best vacuum cleaners in India, these are the stuffs to bear in mind. You’ll need to evaluate these things carefully-
- Budget: It is a very critical consideration when you decide to buy a vacuum cleaner because there are several choices available for specific price items. Usually, the price of the vacuum cleaner ranges from Rs 1000 to 40,000 but if you need to clean the carpet, the products ranging from Rs 2500- Rs 40000 are just perfect as they include all the advanced features incorporated. Less-priced items are great for hard floor cleaning and have all built-in functionality, but after assessing the budget, you need to pick carefully.
- Design: There are vacuum cleaners of different sizes and styles. Earlier, the vacuum cleaners had a dust bag that collected the dust after cleaning but it was necessary to buy the dust bag over and over again. Today the vacuum cleaners are bagless and cool. The vacuum cleaners come in different sizes.
- Brand: Nothing new to talk about in today’s date about market brand. It is an obligatory choice of an appliance when it has a good reputation in the market and has built trust among its customers all around. Many vacuum cleaner manufacturers offer after-sales facilities which are popular and are also reliable,
- Easy to clean: All home appliances are for regular use and therefore it becomes important to know about the durability of the appliance, as the product becomes inefficient without regular cleaning. The vacuum cleaner with a bag requires replacement of the bag when it is filled. The bagless vacuum cleaners come with the machine where the dust can be removed from the cleaner’s body and the bag doesn’t have to be replaced. So choose according to your Maintenance capacity.
Frequently asked questions:
1. Why the HEPA filter is needed?
HEPA stands for (High-Quality Particulate Air) and if you are asthmatic there are vacuum cleaners with HEPA filters that are perfect for you. Such filters will remove Even the minute dirt from air and thus create a safe dirt-free atmosphere in the house. It is highly recommended.
2. What is a better Canister vacuum or upright vacuum?
The canister vacuum is stronger than upright vacuum as it is lightweight, more effective, and more functional than an upright vacuum. The vacuum canister includes a powerful engine and is much preferred over an upright vacuum. The upright vacuum is better for wet cleaning of thick carpets. This depends entirely on your requirement.
3. Can vacuum cleaner with dust bag prevent allergy?
The answer is a big yes and the vacuum cleaners with powder bags are better for allergy sufferers because they usually come with a cap that fits the bag manually. Brands like Electrolux bags are of great quality and help a lot if you are suffering from allergies. In the case of bagless vacuum cleaners, though, you will need too tidy up the packaging by dumping it into the dustbin. For this scenario, you need someone else’s support for washing up, or you can do so using a mask.
4.Does a powerful vacuum cleaner motor has more suction power?
It is not so as the suction power of the vacuum cleaner depends on the design of the vacuum cleaner, airflow, and also the filtration. Sometimes even after getting a strong motor, the vacuum cleaner may not be so effective. Brands like black&decker or Dyson are great cleaners for vacuum.
5. how many times we need to change the vacuum bag?
The change in the vacuum bag varies and has no specific duration as it depends entirely on the use. For some months, most of the vacuum cleaners use one bag. The vacuum cleaners have an indication labeling to indicate the bag change and it’s easy to spot that.
6. Is turbo brush different from a power brush?
Turbobrush is an air-driven brush, while power brush is the mechanical or battery-driven brush that is separate from each other.
7.what is the need to vacuum in our home?
It depends solely on how much your home gets dusty to decide if you need a vacuum cleaner.
8. what is top vacuum attachments?
The long flexible connector which connects the canister is the best selling vacuum attachment. It can easily be ported.